We have helped many home buyers find the home that best suited their wants and needs. Over the years of working with the Arizona active adult communities real estate market we have learned a few things that offer to our buyers to help them get the best real estate deal possible. Below are some of our home buying tips:
- If you have to resale soon, don’t buy an unusual home.
- When interest rates are low opt for a fixed mortgage.
- Pay attention to floor plans. Changing layouts of rooms later can be costly.
- Pay attention to the original listing date of the homes you inspect; Sellers tend to be more flexible in the price the longer the home is on the market.
- A house that’s sited to take advantage of the sun, the wind and the typography costs less to heat and cool and can save thousands of dollars over the years in utility bills.
- Buying a house whose style is uniquely individual will probably minimize rather than maximize its resale value because the house will appeal to a somewhat more limited number of potential buyers.
- If you think you may need more space in the near future, be sure the house and lot will allow for expansion.
- Redoing a kitchen is likely to be expensive. Be sure of what you need and want before you buy.
- A roof that complements the style of a home and is carefully maintained adds to the home’s visual appeal and its resale value.
- A light-colored roof reflects heat and is best in areas where air-conditioning is the greater energy user. In colder weather climates, a dark roof is preferable because it absorbs more heat. In temperate climates, a middle-range shade is best.
- Tiled flooring is the most desired flooring in Arizona.
- Plant deciduous trees (trees that loose their leaves), shrubs and vines on south and west sides of the home to provide shade in the summer. Remember trees enhance the beauty and value of a lot and house.
Please contact us by completing the form below to discuss buying your next home in Arizona.